Al-Maktoum College of Higher Education
Al-Maktoum College of Higher Educationの紹介
Al-Maktoum College thrives within Dundee, a city most recently named the ‘Best Place to live in Scotland’ by the Sunday Times 2019. Known for its life sciences, computer gaming industry, research, arts, as well as hi-tech manufacturing, Dundee is a city of education.
As a private institution of higher education, funded primarily by the Al-Maktoum Foundation, the College’s vision for high-quality teaching and learning, enriched by a multicultural perspective makes for a rewarding educational experience.
Its intellectual endeavours dedicated to building bridges between the communities - namely ‘western’ and ‘Muslim’- has resulted in a diverse, friendly and international approach to teaching and studying. This makes the College a somewhat unique establishment in Scotland and in the UK today.
The College aspires to grow as an independent, internationally recognised centre of Higher Education and works to educate the next generation of professionals, both nationally and internationally. Its students are achievers - thinking differently, challenging, examining, defining and provoking positive change within societies and communities from local to global.
Since its founding in 2001, the College has seen students from over thirty different nationalities graduate from its accredited contemporary courses, which now include Higher National Certificate and Diploma (HNC/HND) qualifications.
Why choose Al-Maktoum College?
- City centre location
- Use of University of Dundee facilities
- Small class sizes (5-10 students)
- Dundee is one of the most affordable cities in the UK for students to live in
- Specialised teaching staff (associated with local universities)
- Option to include Arabic language, taught by native speakers
- Cost effective: University fees are much higher that College fees
- University of Dundee is recognised in the GCC, due to high ranking
- First Islamic Finance masters in Scotland
Fees and Funding
- HNC/HND (1 or 2 years) - £6,750 per year
- MSc Islamic Finance (1 year) - £18,150
- Professional Diploma in Islamic Finance (8 months) - £3,850
- Advanced Diploma in Islamic Studies (8 months) - £3,300
The College do not own any student accommodation in or around Dundee, but students may apply to stay in any of the private student residences in Dundee. Most are within a 15-minute walk of the College campus and more information can be found here.
Dundee was named the ‘Best Place to live in Scotland’ by the Sunday Times 2019. The £80 million V&A Museum of Design, part of a billion-pound waterfront development, has become a major attraction drawing national and international attention.